otating magnetic separator MSR-MC with the easy cleaning system provides simple, highly efficient and fast separation of the finest ferromagnetic particles (from 30 µm in size) from materials of worse bulk and pouring properties (such as cereals, flour, powder, sawdust etc.) that tend to bridge and could block or damage e. g. the usual magnetic separators equipped with static grids.
Design and advantages of the rotary separator
The rotating magnetic grid consists of a set of magnetic cores hermetically sealed in stainless steel tubes that are inserted into a rotating protective grid. Thanks to the protection of the magnetic cores by two stainless steel tubes, this “tube-in-tube” system offers several advantages:
- long lifetime of the costy magnetic cores (protection from water, mechanical wear during the cleaning etc.)
- elimination of the contamination risk (of the cleaned material by a piece of a chipped magnetic core or its surface coating)
- enhanced abrasive resistance of all the magnetic grid
- a strong magnetic field (generated by the neodymium magnets inside the stainless steel tubes) traps all ferromagnetic particles on the surface of the magnetic grid
- as the set of magnetic tubes is turned by a motor, the rotating grate labyrinth is in a very intense contact with the flowing material and (unlike any standard static magnetic grates) evenly exposed to the abrasive effect of the falling material along the entire circumference of the protective tubes (what contributes to a lower risk of abrading the protective stainless steel tubes as well as to the extension of their lifetime).
- another indisputable advantage of this separator consists in the fact that the cleaned material falls through the permanently rotating system of magnetic tubes (the speed of rotation can be adjusted according to the permeability of the cleaned material), thus preventing clogging of the separator by the flowing material
- the rotating grate magnet can be cleaned very quickly and easily, as all ferromagnetic particles trapped on the grate surface will fall off when the magnetic tubes are pulled out of the stainless steel protective tubes