Dynamic Image Analyse | Particle Size and Particle Shape from below 1 µm to 34,000 µm
The modular image analysis sensor QICPIC combines size and shape analysis of disperse particle systems within a size range of < 1 µm to 34,000 µm. Flexible sensor adaptation for analysis of powders, granules, fibres, suspensions and emulsions is provided by a wide range of dispersing and dosing units. Numerous implementations in pharmaceutical and chemical industry, food and beverage technology or soil science just denote the array of applications in industry and research.
Using a pulsed light source with illumination times in the nanosecond range the particles are optically frozen while a high-resolution, high-speed camera captures the razor-sharp particle projections with a frequency of up to 500 frames per second. The extremely short exposure times ensure capturing and clear imaging of even fastest singular particles. With powerful algorithms QICPIC is evaluating millions of particles in shortest time and guarantees outstanding statistically relevant results. The unrivalled, high speed RODOS dispersion empowers image analysis to master fine, dry and even agglomerating powders as fine as 1.8 µm and above. Most prominent features are reproducibility and comparability of measurement results at optimized sample quantities. Powerful evaluation software supports the simultaneous determination of all relevant size and shape characteristics.
Due to modular placed disperser and dosing units the analyser fits flexible for dry and wet applications generating product-specific characterisation:
- RODOS | Injection disperser for finest, even cohesive dry powders | 1.8 µm to 4,000 µm
- GRADIS | Gravity disperser for coarser, even fragile dry particulate systems | 5 µm bis 10,000 µm
- VIBRI | Vibratory feeder for precise dosing and feeding of dry particulate systems (in combination with RODOS, GRADIS or OASIS)
- ASPIROS | Micro dosing system for feeding of small amounts of precious or toxic substances in encapsulated sample vials (in combination with RODOS or OASIS) | 1.8 µm to 500 µm
- FIBROS | Pre-disperser for gentle separation and feeding of dry, even curly fibres (in combination with GRADIS) | Fibre thickness 5 µm to 5,000 µm, fibre length 500 µm to 30,000 µm
- SUCELL/L | Closed-loop flow-through cell for suspensions and emulsions | < 1 µm to 2,000 µm | (50) 500 ml cell
- FLOWCELL | Open-loop cell for high volume with mid-size or coarse particles | 10 mm cell: 11 µm to 5,000 µm or 20 mm cell: 17 µm to 10,000 µm
- LIXELL + LIQXI | Dispersing and dosing combination for suspensions and emulsions | < 1 µm to 500 µm
- MULTISAMPLER | Sample handling system for automated feeding of wet samples in 39 ml vials in batch operation (in combination with SUCELL/L) | 70 vials per rack
- OASIS | Combined dry and wet disperser consisting of RODOS & SUCELL/L | < 1 µm to 4,000 µm
- LIQIBACK | Reprocessing unit for recycling of dispersion liquids (in combination with SUCELL/L or OASIS) | 1 µm and 0.45 µm
Process-related particle size and shape characterisation is opened up by integrated image analysis sensors PICTOS, PICTIS & PICCELL covering a size range from 1.8 µm to 20,000 µm.
PICTOS integrates QICPIC dynamic image analysis and RODOS dry dispersion technology in a robust body, which was specifically developed for on-line applications. PICTIS combines image analysis and gentle gravitational disperser GRADIS, allowing at-line or on-line applications in process environments. And PICCELL with its flow-through cuvette finally transfers wet dispersion to on-line operations of image analysis.
For the connection of our analysis systems to a process line, we offer a wide range of different samplers for obtaining representative analysis samples.
Other products from
QICPIC | PICTOS & Co. is assigned to following product groups:
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Chemical industry (481)
- Pharmaceuticals (439)
- Cosmetics, personal hygiene (355)
- Food, feedstuff (474)
- Construction, rocks and minerals (369)
- Ceramics, glass (315)
- Plastic, rubber (350)
- Mechanical- and plant engineering (365)