HELOS | RODOS & Co.
Laser Diffraction | Particle Size and Particle Size Distribution from below 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm
The proven HELOS laser diffraction series – with its classical parallel beam laser diffraction set-up – offers a powerful technology for reliable particle size distribution analysis of powders, granules, suspensions, emulsions, sprays and numerous other particulate systems. A size range from below 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm is mastered.
In the early 1980s, Sympatec introduced a breakthrough innovation which was leading laser diffraction to another dimension: dry powder dispersion for even the finest, cohesive powders came true with RODOS. And with the R series of our laser diffraction sensor HELOS new benchmarks for precision and accuracy have been achieved. Latest improvements comprise enhanced application of parameter-free Fraunhofer evaluation down to the submicron regime (below 1 µm), the greatest measuring signal frequency for best resolution with range combination technology and more powerful evaluation modes (Fraunhofer & Mie).
The modular HELOS system design together with a great variety of dispersing and dosing units provides a flexible adaptation to the most diverse industrial and research applications:
- RODOS | injection disperser for finest, even cohesive powders | 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm
- GRADIS | gravity disperser for coarser, even fragile dry particulate systems | 0.5 µm to 8,750 µm
- VIBRI | vibratory feeder for precise dosing and feeding of dry particulate systems (in combination with RODOS or GRADIS)
- ASPIROS | micro dosing system for feeding of small amounts of precious or toxic dry substances in encapsulated sample vials (in combination with RODOS)
- SUCELL | closed-loop flow-through cell for suspensions and emulsions | 0.1 µm to 1,750 µm | (50) 500ml cell
- QUIXEL | flow-through cuvette with pumping circuit for emulsions and suspensions, even with coarser, high density particles | 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm | heating option
- CUVETTE | stationary cuvette for precious or toxic emulsions and suspensions of small sample volume | 1 µm to 3,500 µm
- MULTISAMPLER | sample handling system for automated feeding of wet samples in 39 ml vials in batch operation (in combination with SUCELL or QUIXEL) | 70 vials per rack
- OASIS | combined dry and wet disperser, consisting of RODOS & SUCELL
- SPRAYER | adapter for the analysis of aerosol clouds released by nasal and pharyngeal pump sprays with actuator SMACTOR | 0.25 µm to 875 µm
- SMACTOR | actuator for the analysis of aerosol clouds released by MDIs, pump and propellant sprays | 0.25 µm to 1,750 µm
- INHALER | adapter for the analysis of aerosols released by DPIs, MDIs, nebulizers, pump sprays or sprays with propellants | 25 µm to 1,750 µm
- LIQIBACK | Reprocessing unit for recycling of dispersion liquids (in combination with QUIXEL, SUCELL or OASIS) | 1 µm and 0.45 µm
Other products from
HELOS | RODOS & Co. is assigned to following product groups:
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Chemical industry (366)
- Pharmaceuticals (328)
- Cosmetics, personal hygiene (259)
- Food, feedstuff (360)
- Construction, rocks and minerals (271)
- Ceramics, glass (242)
- Plastic, rubber (265)
- Mechanical- and plant engineering (264)