AutoChem II & HP
The Autochem II Series has been designed after years of experience by Micromeritics in the field of basic and advanced catalysts characterization for catalytic surface activity. Micromeritics is recognized in combining applied scientific innovation for many customers analytical requirements, even for the most demanding conditions.
Autochem II provides accurate and fast results applying chemisorption techniques in isothermal conditions on metal dispersion, exposed metal surface area and aggregate size, surface acid/basic sites quantification. When applying temperature programmed techniques like TPR, TPO, TPD and TPSR one can perform deep investigation on reduction / oxidation properties, determine the probe gas-solid activation energy or quantify the number and species of surface-active sites.
Complex characterizations are made easy by the Autochem II HP specifically designed to run experiments starting from atmospheric pressure up to 1000 psia (6.9 MPa), investigating the behavior of catalysts in conditions similar to real manufacturing plants. The standard detector is a high precision, high sensitivity, high linearity, and corrosion resistant TCD that can be integrated and coupled with an external detector like a mass spectrometer for selective gas monitoring. Signals are easily synchronized by the MicroActive control software. The Autochem II series can be equipped with a number of options to expand the analytical possibilities Cooling options include the Kwikcooler a Kwikcool Vortex device, and a CryoCooler II cryogenic option that expands the temperature range from –100 °C to 1100 °C. There are additional options including one of the most precise vapor generators available on the market.
Features And Benefits:
- Separate circuits for sample preparation and analysis
- Avoids the risk of tubing and detector contamination in case of release of corrosive gases during high temperature treatments
- Independent mass flow controllers for the reference and analysis channels of TCD in the Autochem II 2920
- This unique approach allows a completely automatic and precise quantitative calibration of the TCD signal for TPR,TPO and TPD experiments, covering in one run the complete range of reactive gas percentage in the inert carrier. Quick, fast, precise and easy.
- Selectable temperatures of TCD and filaments
- Long lifetime of filaments because the TCD works at constant and selectable temperature avoiding the risk of burning. In addition, the TCD sensitivity can be improved when testing low metal percentages catalysts by increasing the temperature difference between the filaments and the monolithic block
- Up to four temperature-controlled zones for the manifold and valves up to 150 °C
- High versatility and safety in avoiding possible spot condensation in the analytical circuit that might jeopardize the accuracy of results
- Up to nine temperature signals monitoring
- Best control of the device monitoring the temperatures during operations
- High precision vapor generator
- Liquids can be kept at selectable temperatures between room temperature and 150 °C. The generated vapor partial pressure in the carrier is extremely constant thanks to a precise temperature control of the proprietary designed reflux condenser.
- Low internal plumbing volume
- Assures high resolution, fast detector response, and reduces error when calculating gas volumes.