Silo Inventory Management
Continuous production in an industrial facility is ensured by maintaining a sufficiently high level of raw materials. Both inbound stock and outbound stock must be readily available at the right times in the right locations. It is in these areas where silo inventory management systems are playing a vital role as they enable better and more accurate planning. Silo inventory management systems can significantly reduce management and operational costs.
Polimak’s silo inventory management system is a specialized solution for monitoring the amount of bulk materials in storage silos and provides useful insights to facility operators. The amount of bulk materials in silos is measured using sensors – level sensors and loadcells. The sensors are linked to a cloud-based inventory monitoring platform. Users can consistently keep an eye on their inventories from any place at all times. The flow of inventory information within the firm and/or between collaborating firms provides accountability and transparency for the supplier as well as assurance for customers. Our inventory monitoring system provides the following data:
- The weight and/or level of dry bulk solids inside a silo.
- Times and dates of material filling and discharging.
- Bulk material filling and discharging rates.
- Names of the involved operators.
- The health of connected equipment.
- Alarms indicating that specific thresholds (high level, low level, rapid consumption etc.) have been reached.
- Alarms for various conditions such as overpressure, high temperatures, leaks, dust emissions etc.
- Infographic map for monitored silos and tanks.
- Quick access to consumption data of all clients as well as previous and current information.
- Reduced labor costs and greater stick certainty, thereby avoiding panic orders.
- Cost-effective production and supply planning.
- Reduction in costs due to better logistics and route planning.
- Improved client relationships and long-term loyalty.
- Reduction in delivery costs per ton by lowering the number of trucks on the road.
Silo Condition Monitoring
The ability to operate a stable and reliable system necessitates early and continuous testing of the system and its components. Frequent testing also helps predict failure and malfunction before it occurs. Polimak’s silo condition monitoring is a system that detects the failures of components installed on the silo using sensors thereby preventing damages that may occur due to components malfunctioning.
During the filling and discharging of silos, numerous risks like overfilling, overpressure and implosion may arise. A local control system linked to a cloud is utilized to analyze incoming signals (signals from various components) and implement the necessary safety measures automatically. Our equipment condition monitoring provides a complete protection solution for equipment (e.g., silos), operators and the working environment.
- Internal pressure monitoring for silos.
- Vibration and temperature monitoring of a dust collector fan motor.
- Clogging monitoring of silo top jet filter.
- Moisture monitoring of the product inside a silo.
- Pressure relief safety valve monitoring.
- Monitoring of seismic vibrations on a silo structure.
- Power consumption monitoring.
- Monitoring of the process air supply.
- Operator’s safety warning system for adverse weather conditions (high-speed winds, slippage due to ice formation in cold weather conditions).
- Health monitoring of other connected systems such as screw feeders, rotary valves, belt conveyors, compressors etc.