VVUÚ was founded in 1952 as the Coal Research Institute. Over time special test tunnels and sites for testing fires, explosions of fuel, dust, gas and their characteristics, and other specialized laboratories and accredited test facilities related to explosiveness and flammability were built on the company’s premises in Ostrava-Radvanice.
Our accredited explosion protection test laboratory is one of the most modern centers in the world in terms of testing, research and customized activities. The complexity of our test park equipment lives up to this claim. The company also has accredited test facilities for equipment that prevents falls from a height and selected technologies. Our test laboratory for explosives and explosives accessories is one of the few notified bodies in the world. In parallel with these developments, we built an engineering production facility.
VVUÚ is a notified body (No. 1019) for the conformity assessment of selected products according to EU harmonization legislation. The Product Certification Division, i.e. the accredited product certification body at VVUÚ (No. 3076) performs the certification of personal protective equipment against falls from a height and slipping, rescue equipment for working at heights, as well as the certification of particular machinery, civil explosives, conveyor belts and flexible intermediate bulk containers.
Over the years, VVUÚ has become an important and much sought-after partner in safety and prevention across the industrial spectrum. VVUÚ sets a global trend in science, research and development projects. The company currently has over 120 regular employees and cooperates with leading experts, state institutions, universities and specialized workplaces.
VVUÚ is a notified body authorized in accordance with EU harmonization legal regulations, namely as Notified Body 1019, for the conformity assessment 2014/34/EU Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres .
VVUÚ, a. s. offers you products from these product groups:
- Basic proccessing technologies for powder and bulk material (421)
- Plant engineering and processing components (318)
- Packaging and filling (138)
- Measurement, control, automation (159)
- Nano particle technologies (37)
Safety and environmental technologies (159)
- Industrial fire protection (18)
Non-electrical explosion protection (40)
- Bursting discs (12)
- CO detectors (4)
- Detectors (11)
- Pressure detectors (9)
- Pressure relief devices (15)
- Isolation systems (17)
- Relief pipes (7)
- Relief valves (10)
- Explosion flaps (11)
- Explosion suppression systems (11)
- Flame detectors (9)
- Flame barriers/arresters (12)
- Spark detectors (11)
- Spark quenching systems (11)
- Inerting systems (10)
- Material safety data (4)
- Other non-electrical explosion protection and accessories (23)
- Workplace safety (32)
- Production environment (35)
- Services (172)
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Manufacture of coating agents, inks and putties (183)
- Manufacture of chemical raw materials (280)
- Manufacture of fertilisers and nitrogen compounds (219)
- Manufacture of dyes and pigments (249)
- Manufacture of pest control agents, pesticides and disinfecting agents (188)
- Manufacture of other inorganic raw materials and chemicals (225)
- Manufacture of other organic raw materials and chemicals (214)
- Pharmaceutical (292)
- Food + Feed (320)
- Recycling & Environment (190)
- Across all branches of industry (245)