The Micromeritics Saturn DigiSizer®II is the first commercially available particle sizing instrument to employ the light scattering analysis technique that utilizes advanced digital detection technology to deliver exceptionally high levels of resolution, accuracy, repeatability, and reproducibility.
A state-of-the-art CCD detector containing over three million detector elements enables the completely automated Saturn DigiSizer II to capture a high resolution, digital representation of the pattern produced as a result of laser light scattered from a sample. The resulting information is then processed using data reduction based on Mie theory. The instrument produces fast, detailed results that are repeatable on and reproducible between every Saturn DigiSizer.
- Measures both organic and inorganic particles ranging from 40 nanometers to 2.5 millimeters equivalent spherical diameter.
- CCD detector contains over three million detector elements producing extremely high-resolution data.
- Adjustable liquid sample handling unit for automatic sampling, dilution, and dispersion is available in both standard and low-volume configurations.
- One computer can control up to two Saturn DigiSizers each with a liquid sample handling unit.
- Optional MasterTech 052 Autosampler provides unattended analysis of up to 18 samples