When talking about dust-free powder handling we differentiate between the zones OEB Level 1+2 and OEB Level 3-5.
In OEB Level 1+2 by means of the MÜLLER silikone cap you can achieve a dust-free connection in a very simple, cost-effective and operator friendly manner. The special design of the sealing lip ensures a reliable, dust-free and flexible docking process.
- simple and effectivev
- secure handling
- easy to clean
- economic and cost-effective
- for in- and outlets of all machines
- for filling and discharging processes
In OEB Level 3-5 MÜLLEr offers the new Containment Valve MCV. This is a stable and robust split butterfly valve system for emptying and filling your highly potent or toxic media. Light to handle and safe to use. You can rely on the Müller Containment Valve to safeguard the health of your employees even as you maintain the purity of your product and protect the environment.
The disk of the split butterfly valve is in two halves: the active and passive disks. The active disk incorporates the mechanical system for locking both halves together and a manual lever or actuator for opening and closing the valve. The active half of the valve is fitted to the vessel filling or emptying nozzle, and the passive half to the intermediate bulk container. The two halves of the butterfly valve (active and passive disks) must be docked together in order to open the valve. The ruggedly constructed and GMP-compliant locking pins on the active half of the valve ensure accurate location when the two halves are docked. When both halves of the valves are locked together, the system is closed to the atmosphere and the valve can then be opened – manually or automatically, whichever way you prefer.
The valve system can be cleaned quickly and simply, thus reducing production line downtime. A valve disk can be replaced in less than two minutes.
Ingenious details make a perfect whole: the Mueller Containment Valve (MCV)
Whether operated manually or by an actuator, the Mueller Containment Valve ensures that your toxic or highly potent products flow safely – from the intermediate bulk container into the process line and back into a container again, exactly how you want it. And all this up to OBE Level 5, i.e. up to OEL <1 μg/m3. You can choose between valve sizes DN100, DN150, DN200 and DN250.
- Valve disks locked closed automatically when not docked together
- Cleaning without removing the seal
- Easy-to-wipe flat surfaces
- Pressure- and vaccum-tight version available (-1/+3 bar)
- Valve disks can be replaced very quickly (<2 minutes)
- Lean design of valve disk seat ® inexpensive spare part
- Locating accuracy ±10 mm
- ‘Hard’ PTFE lining to prevent solids building up and product being trapped around the seat
- Rugged yet lightweight design
- Locking without axial travel
- Proven design, already in continuous use since 2007
- GMP compliant