The REDC Dome Valve has a world-wide reputation for reliability. This results from its simple, cavity-free construction which is designed to minimize the possibility of material build-up within the valve body. The same, simple design philosophy also eases the task of preventative routine maintenance and makes any parts replacement a quick and simple task.
• Full bore unobstructed material flow.
• Simple, fully proven design.
• Can cut through moving or static columns of material.
• Wide range of valve sizes: 50mm (2”) to 300mm (12”).
• Forms pressure tight seal when closed.
• Can cope with pressures up to 30 bar.
• Can handle material temperatures from –20ºC to +480ºC
• Long operating life.
• Up to 1,000,000 cycles between major overhauls with most
• Low maintenance.
• Ready availability of spare parts.
Full Bore Material Flow
Totally unrestricted full bore material flow is assured through the unique design of the ‘dome’ assembly. A mere quarter turn is sufficient to move from the fully closed to the fully open position. This action positions the dome completely clear of the material flow path.
• Abrasive • Toxic • Hazardous
• Friable • Cohesive • Detergents
• Minerals • Ores • Chemicals
• Ash • Granules • Powders
Moving and Static Column Cut Off
All Dome Valves are capable of handling fine grain materials and hard abrasive products.
Vane Actuator models can cut through static columns of material up to 2mm particle size. They can also cut through moving columns of powders, pastes and granular products similar to coal above 2mm.
Cylinder Actuator models have the added capability of being able to cut through static columns of material above 2mm.