The Stanelle FLOW-BOW® elbow serves to deflect dry, non-clotting bulk materials with a highly wear-resistant system around corners in dense, phase material conveying pipelines. Diverse areas of application are: from powdery and splintery materials to highly abrasive bulk materials, e.g. quartz sand, shotcrete, basalt chips as well as for cocoa husks and animal body parts utilization. For application in the plastics and foods industries special cast stainless steel (1.4408) models are available.
The FLOW-BOW® is designed so that when conveying bulk materials, a buffer layer of the abrasive material itself is formed in the deflection area. On this, the bulk material stream is deflected with very little wear to the elbow. Because of the constantly changing buffer material cushion, the deflection area is still subject to abrasion. This area is therefore reinforced and the hard skin of the spheroidal-graphite cast iron provides additional abrasion protection. The material cushion is blown away completely by the final surge of the conveying stream. With soft bulk materials, such as for example marble, with a Morse hardness of less than three, granule crumbling can occur in the cushion material.
Material / Design
Spheroidal-graphite cast iron or cast stainless steel (1.4408). Lacquering hammer tone silver grey or glass bead blasted and rendered passive.
- Protective of the environment due to few failures with resulting material loss
- Economical because of long service life
- Wear protection through optimum wall thickness design and material buffer cushion formation during dense phase conveying
- Wear resistant also with splintery, abrasive bulk materials
- Shifting of the wear zone into the bulk material cushion
- FLOW-BOW® inlet and outlet sides can be varied and interchanged up to the DN 100 model; thus spare part costs are minimized if the worn flanges are exchanged in time
Other Areas of Application:
- Stone- , Earth- and Mining industries
- Foundry technology
- Ceramics- and Glass industries
- Chemical- and foods industries
- Animal utilization plants
- caused at flight support