The conical paddle dryer is Hosokawa’s newest drying technology. The unique paddle design of the vertical, centrally-driven dryer combines extremely fast drying rates with a compact design. It is a universal vacuum dryer that has been developed to enable vacuum, atmospheric and pressurised processing of a variety of materials such as powders, filter cakes, pastes and viscous slurries, especially when they are brittle and/or heat sensitive.
The conical paddle dryer is designed for vacuum drying of solid based materials, but can be used in a wide range of other applications requiring thermal processing or vacuum treatment of solids, such as:
- Chemical reactions: alkalisation, solid-gas reactions
- Wet agglomeration and granulation of solids
- Sterilisation of products
- Homogenising under vacuum
- Cooling of solids and liquids
- De-aeration of pastes and liquids
The conical paddle mixer is the newest generation of Hosokawa powder mixers, developed for low and medium shear batch mixing. It has been designed for mixing powders, granules and solids with liquids. The conical paddle mixer is a multi-purpose mixer for processes where high accuracy and fast mixing with limited product distortion are important.
The conical paddle mixer is suitable for a wide variety of process applications, including:
- Mixing of fragile powders and ‘instant’ agglomerates
- Mixing of powders with liquids
- Sterilisation and pasteurisation of product batches
- High-temperature processing of powders and liquids
- (Vacuum) drying at low temperature with liquid recovery