An ultracompact INK-JET printer equipped with a print-head where electromagnetic valves are installed. This completely standalone, small-size (250xØ70 mm) device has been devised for users who are very demanding in relation to purchase cost and economical operation of the device, but do not require sophisticated features. In spite of its low cost, the "PicAS" model offers all major capabilities of INK-JET printers. These are as follow:
- Only electricity supply is required.
- No compressed air is needed.
- There are no more problems with contaminated air in the system! No oil or water removal is required!
- Making durable and legible prints on a variety of types of surface, smooth, porous and also uneven surfaces of irregular shapes, such as pipes, bags, construction materials,
- Applying non-contact print technology to avoid problems when printing onto curved surfaces,
- The printing process is fully automated by the application of a photo-detector for detecting objects to be labeled and of an optional sensor for detecting travel rate of factory conveyors, if the conveyors run at varying speeds,
- The date and time are available and can be used for updating service life/storage period automatically, numbering objects (via incremental and decremental counters),
- Working with any IBM-compatible PC via the printer’s own control program to be run under MS Windows® , communication via an USB interface.