The LA-960 operates on the basis of static laser light scattering (acc. ISO 13320) and was developed as a solution to customer requirements for a high-performance, flexible, and easy to use instrument for a wide variety of applications - from particle charactarization of powders and granules to the measuring of suspensions and emulsions.
It can be ordered in different configurations for:
- Dry measurement
- Wet measurement
- Combination of dry and wet measurement
The complete processing time from one sample to the next is only 1 minute, this is only a quarter of the usual time up to now. An integrated system and software automation guarantees simple operation and excellent reproducibility of the measuring results. The measuring cells are located on a movable slide which makes changing the dispersion unit a matter of seconds.
Single range-Samples can be measured over the complete range (0.01 to 5000 μm) without the need to combine different measurements and/or change lenses.
The LA-960 features a powerful circulation system for wet measurements. Thanks to the increased sensitivity small particles with a diameter up to 10 nm are reliably detected. In combination with the evaluation software the system sets new standards regarding precision, speed and resolution.
For dry measurements the effective dispersion unit PowderJet can be used. Thanks to the combination of dry measurement cell with integrated dispersion nozzle and suction mechanism, a great variety of powders can be dispersed and measured quickly and reliably.
- Compact design
- Dry and wet measurement possible
- Very wide single measuring range from 10 nm to 3 mm
- Analysis according Mie Scattering Theory
- Sample throughput time of only one minute
- Extremely high resolution in the sub-micron range
- Exchange of measuring cell within seconds
- Effective ultrasound and stirring dispersion
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software