+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for POWTECH 2019. +++
- Conducted cold flow testing to improve the hydrodynamics of fluid coker operation
- Performed cold flow modeling of the Cold Coke Transfer Line (CCTL) and Scouring Coke Transfer Line (SCTL) to improve the understanding the operation of the standpipes in these lines
- Investigated improved standpipe inlet configuration (call a sore thumb) for the CCTL
- Designed a largely horizontal cold coke transfer line to eliminate saltation and its associated vibration in the line
- Investigated solids maldistribution in parallel cyclones to help understand uneven coking of coker parallel cyclones
- Investigated the loading and variability of solids loading to the cyclones
- Demonstrated the mechanism of cyclone fouling and improved the designs
- J. McMillan, F. Shaffer, B. Gopalan, J.W. Chew, C. Hrenya, R. Hays, et al., Particle Cluster Dynamics During Fluidization, Chemical Engineering Science. 100 (2013) 39–51.
- C.B. Solnordal, K.J. Reid, L.P. Hackman, R. Cocco, J. Findlay, Modeling Coke Distribution above the Freeboard of a FLUID COKING Reactor, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 51 (2012) 15337–15350.