+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for POWTECH 2019. +++
Laser Diffraction | Particle Size and Particle Size Distribution from below 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm
The proven HELOS series – with its classical parallel beam laser diffraction set-up – offers a powerful technology for particle size distribution analysis of powders, granules, suspensions, emulsions, sprays and numerous other particulate systems. A size range from below 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm is mastered.
In the early 1980s, Sympatec introduced a breakthrough innovation which was leading laser diffraction to another dimension: dry powder dispersion for even the finest, cohesive powders came true with RODOS. And with the R series of our laser diffraction sensor HELOS new benchmarks for precision and accuracy have been achieved. Latest improvements comprise enhanced application of parameter-free Fraunhofer evaluation down to the submicron regime (below 1 µm), the greatest measuring signal frequency for best resolution with range combination technology and more powerful evaluation modes (Fraunhofer & Mie). Laser diffraction is now even closer to absolute standards. Continually, industrial requirements and limits are considerably outmatched.
The modular system design together with a great variety of dispersing and dosing units provides a flexible adaptation to the most diverse industrial and research applications:
- RODOS | injection disperser for finest, even cohesive powders | 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm
- GRADIS | gravity disperser for coarser, even fragile dry particulate systems | 0.5 µm to 8,750 µm
- VIBRI | vibratory feeder for precise dosing and feeding of dry particulate systems (in combination with RODOS or GRADIS)
- ASPIROS | micro dosing system for feeding of small amounts of precious or toxic dry substances in encapsulated sample vials (in combination with RODOS)
- SUCELL | flow-through cuvette with pumping circuit for emulsions and suspensions | 0.1 µm to 875 µm
- QUIXEL | flow-through cuvette with pumping circuit for emulsions and suspensions, even with coarser, high density particles | 0,1 µm to 3.500 µm | heating option
- CUVETTE | stationary cuvette for precious or toxic emulsions and suspensions of small sample volume | 0.1 µm to 3,500 µm
- OASIS | combined dry and wet disperser, consisting of RODOS & SUCELL
- SPRAYER | actuator for the analysis of aerosol clouds released by MDIs, pump sprays or sprays with propellants | 0.25 µm to 1,750 µm
- INHALER | adapter for the analysis of aerosols released by DPIs, MDIs, nebulizers, pump sprays or sprays with propellants | 0.25 µm to 1,750 µm
- MULTISAMPLER | sample handling system for automated feeding of dry and wet samples in 39 ml vials in batch operation (in combination with RODOS or QUIXEL) | 70 vials per rack