Wall mounted fog showers are units that help in the safe removal of potent dry powders and the safe removal of potentially contaminated personal protection equipment (PPE).
As the wall mounted fog shower is a relatively small unit it can be erected and used anywhere. The wall mounted fog shower uses a 3 jet fogging system which produces a light mist that encapsulates the dust on the PPE. The mist improves the quality of de-gowning by sticking the dust onto the PPE preventing the dry dust from becoming airborne. The fog shower is designed to use as little water as possible. The PPE can then be disposed of in a safe manner.
By using a wall mounted fog shower, the level of safety is increased when working with potentially toxic materials.
Features of Wall Mounted Fog Showers
- 3 jet fogging system.
- Ran on plant air and water.
- The duration of the mist can be varied with the built in timer.
- On / off lever.
- Emergency stop.
- Very fine mist due to the atomized air created inside the unit.
- The unit has built in filters on both the air and water lines.
- Filters can also be installed on the air and water lines prior to entering the unit if required.
- Available as a mobile unit if required.
Benefits of the Wall Mounted Fog Shower
- Fast turnaround / installation.
- Low capital and operating costs.
- Offers low-pressure, low-volume encapsulation cleaning.
- The mist provides full body coverage.
- Relatively small and light unit – occupies very little space.
- Can be taken down and mounted in a different location if required at a later date.
- A drain can be located near the unit or else absorbing matting can be used.
- Very easy to operate– turn lever on and the mist will stop automatically after a set time.