Our vacuum wanding unit enables personnel to safely transfer powders into vessels. It is fully contained system. Materials such as powders, pellets or granules are transferred via flexible pipe work to its end destination. Vacuum wanding provides a cost effective flexible solution to the safe conveying of bulk materials across a broad range of industries.
This form of transferring powders ensures a dust tight transfer is achieved. The closed-system approach for material transfer ensures that no dust escapes into the atmosphere and no contamination from the outside can enter the system.This method ensures all operators are protected at all times from hazardous products.
The vacuum wanding system consists of a stainless steel docking ring, SS support frame, flexible isolator, high capacity HEPA filter and vacuum wand. The drum that contains the product is connected to the underneath of the table and the liners within the drum containing the product can then be accessed and opened inside the flexible isolator. The vacuum wand is then lowered into the drum of powder with the wire pulley and the product is then sucked up the wand and along the pipe work to its desired destination. As the wand is creating a vacuum within the flexible isolator, air most be filtered into the bag to prevent it from collapsing.We use certified HEPA filters for this need. Our vacuum wanding unitshave been specifically designed with the needs of the end user in mind.
Features of Vacuum Wanding Units:
- Fully sealed system.
- Vacuum is drawn on the system when product needs to be transferred.
- Trash port and sleeves also incorporated for safe disposal of waste.
- Mobile unit – Stainless steel table has lockable antistatic castors.
- Legs of the table and frame have pneumatic pistons built in to them in order to vary the heights of the unit.
- High capacityHEPA filter.
Benefits of Vacuum Wanding Units:
- Custom designed to suit the customer’s requirements.
- Flexibles are fully disposable when finished with.
- Solid parts of the system can be cleaned and reused.
- Reduced cleaning and cleaning validation costs.
- Fast turnaround / installation.
- Low capital and operating costs.
- Clear flexible material allows the use of the existing light in the production area.
- Good ergonomic performance.
- Very mobile containment system. Can be removed from the production floor when finished with and brought back again when needed.
- Improves productivity and efficiency compared with manual handling
- Reduces loss of material.