+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for POWTECH 2019. +++
The BA Bin Activator is a device of tapered conical shape that due to vibration facilitates material flow from hoppers or silos. It consists of a seamless carbon or stainless steel cone manufactured on a sheet metal lathe, a seamless SINT® engineering polymer seal with integrated upper and lower flange, suspensions for connection of the Bin Activator with the silo, as well as one or two electric vibrators.
To fit the BA Bin Activator, the silo cone has to be shorter than usual, leaving a wide outlet section. A flange supplied before or together with the Bin Activator is welded to the silo outlet on site. Special suspensions and a seamless flanged SINT® engineering polymer seal form a flexible connection between silo and Bin Activator. One or two electric vibrators fitted to the unit generate vibration of the Bin Activator every time the feeding device beneath the silo is started for material extraction. During operation the Bin Activator describes a gyratory movement which is transmitted to the material inside the silo. The result is smooth material flow through the Bin Activator outlet into the connected feeder.
BA Bin Activators are used in various industrial applications to facilitate discharging of powdery or granular materials from silos or hoppers. The use of this equipment ensures optimum feeding of the material and causing ¿mass flow¿ inside the silo and avoiding bridging or rat holing phenomena.
Performance & Technical Features – Benefits
- Q = 5 ~ 320 m3/h (3 ~ 190 cfm)
- Range: from Ø 400mm (16 in) to 3,000mm (10 ft)
- Construction material: Carbon steel, 304L / 316L stainless steel
- Robust, compact design
- Range of seals including FDA-approved food-grade version and high-temperature version
- Wide range of baffle plates in accordance with application
- Low power requirement
- Extra durable suspensions and seal
- 70% less welds than in traditional bin activators
- Seamless heavy-duty activator cone