Lödige provides a suitable technology for each application according to the specific requirements of products and customers.
- Highest quality mixes
- Short mixing times
- Reliable reproducibility of batch quality
- Gentle mixing of the product
- Maximum availability
- Low maintenance machine
- Easy accessibility to all inside parts of the machine
- Many process steps in one single machine
The Ploughshare® Batch Mixer operates on the principle of a mechanical generated fluid bed introduced by Lödige to mixing technology. Equipped with mixing elements which can be adapted to individual requirements, these machines achieve mixes of highest quality.
Ploughshare® Shovels rotate as mixing elements in special arrangement on the mixer shaft in a horizontal, cylindrical drum. The size, number and positioning, geometric shape and peripheral speed of the mixing elements are coordinated in such a way to generate a three-dimensional movement of the components. The resultant turbulence in the mix, with total involvement of all product, prevents the formation of dead spots or low-movement zones and ensures high-speed, precise mixing.
Modified mixing elements and adjustment of the peripheral speed ensure a flexible use of Lödige Ploughshare® Mixers in a wide range of applications, for processing bulk products (powdery, grainy, fibrous) or for processing mixes suitable for pumping.
Products having extremely different bulk densities and structures can also be mixed successfully in Lödige Mixers.
In special cases, the effect of the mixing elements may require additional support and this is provided by separately driven, high speed choppers which are able to disperse agglomerations and control granulation.
- Different construction materials selected according to each application (construction steel, stainless steel, special material)
- Chopper units
- Temperature control jacket for heating/cooling
- Liquid addition (humidification + granulation)
- Batch mixer with large feeding door for manual feeding
- Machine design suitable for almost all ATEX zones
- Large inspection door
- Cleaning systems (WIP)
- Product feed and discharge systems available
- Modern, easy to use control system