+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for POWTECH 2019. +++
Innovative seal solution in the double split valve docking system with a PTFE encapsulated sealing system for charging and emptying of reactors, dryers and centrifuges as well as sterile applications.
Our new range of containment & PTFE seals have been developed in close cooperation with our seal manufacturing partner which has extensive experience and excellent know how in the development and production of PTFE products.
The new range of PTFE seals allows an excellent thermal and chemical resistance properties, while still matching the stringent containment requirements of the existing seals. Due to the innovative PTFE production techniques, very exact tolerances can be met while producing a finished polished surface which requires no more manufacturing steps.
These techniques combined with an encapsulated elastomer core ensure that the elasticity of the finished seal is suitable for the highest requirements of demanding process pressure and vacuum conditions.
Standard PTFE seals are supplied in white FDA compliant material, black conductive PTFE can be supplied.
The new PTFE seal’s thermal properties and elastomer core ensure that the valve is capable of handling the expansion and contraction of the metal parts during thermal sterilization above 121ºC which aseptic processes require and still deliver the required containment.
Advantages of PTFE Seals:
- Considerable cost savings when compared against traditional Perfluor elastomer seals
- Sterilization in place (SIP) possible with docked split-valves
- Suitable for high containment powders and liquids charging
- Suitable for chemically aggressive powders and liquids
- PTFE does not shed seal material into the product
- Below 1µg/m³ containment levels achievable
Properties of PTFE:
- Practically universal chemical resistance
- Temperature range from -250ºC to +260ºC
- FDA approved material
- Very low coefficient of friction
- No absorption of water