IMA: innovation, awareness, ability
Established in 1961, IMA is world leader in the design and manufacture of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, tea and coffee.
Its position of leadership is the result of significant investments in R&D, regular and constructive dialogue with the end-users in its sectors and the Group's ability to expand internationally, conquering new markets. Its history features a constant growth that has enabled the Group to close the year 2016 with consolidated revenues of 1,310.8 million euros, an increase of 18.1% over the previous year. Exports accounted for more than 86%.
The Group, whose Chairman is Alberto Vacchi, has more than 5,100 employees, more than 2,600 of whom overseas, and is present in about 80 countries, supported by a sales network made up of 29 branches (Italy, France, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Spain, Poland, Israel, Russia, the United States, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand and Brazil), representative offices in central-eastern Europe and more than 50 agencies.
The Group has 38 production plants in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, the UK, the USA, India, Malaysia, China and Argentina.
IMA S.p.A. has been listed on the Milan Stock Exchange since 1995 and in 2001 joined the STAR segment.
The IMA Group owns more than 1,400 patents and patent applications in the world; over 500 designers are committed to product innovation. IMA has launched many new machine models over the last years.
IMA has a high technological profile and the ability to offer tailor-made solutions to satisfy the most sophisticated requests of the pharmaceutical industry through three highly specialised divisions: IMA ACTIVE (Solid Dose Solutions), IMA LIFE (Aseptic Processing & Freeze Drying Solutions), IMA SAFE (Packaging Solutions).
- IMA ACTIVE division offers a complete range of machines for the process and production of solid dose products. Granulation equipment for wet granulation and drying for all types of production and layout requirements. Tablet press machines. Capsule filling machines with a wide assortment of filling and control systems. Coating systems with solid wall and perforated pans. Checkweighers for 100% control of tablets and capsules. Very flexible powder handling and washing systems.
- IMA LIFE division offers machines for the washing and sterilising of pharmaceutical vials, filling and stoppering in aseptic environments of vials, ampoules and syringes, including isolation technology and containment solutions, filling and closing of pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, microdosing of aseptic powders as well as industrial, pilot and laboratory freeze-dryers, which can be combined with the industry's widest range of automated loading and unloading system solutions. IMA LIFE also offers labellers, blowing machines, depackers and traying machines.
- IMA SAFE division, which includes the production range of IMA SAFE Swiftpack, IMA SAFE Nova, IMA SAFE Co.ma.di.s. and IMA SAFE PG, designs and manufactures complete lines for primary and secondary packaging for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries. IMA SAFE manufactures a complete range of blister packaging machines, capsule and tablet counters, tube fillers and cartoners and provides complete end-of-line solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. In collaboration with Universal Pack, IMA SAFE supplies lines for heat-sealed single-dose sachets and stick packs. High production efficiency, ease of use, low maintenance and a minimal waste of packaging materials are the hallmarks of IMA SAFE machines.
For further information, please visit our website:
EventsHere you will find all the lectures and events of the exhibitor IMA S.p.A., which take place as part of the POWTECH program. Please note, that you may have to pay for some lectures.
IMA S.p.A. offers you products from these product groups:
Basic proccessing technologies for powder and bulk material (479)
- Size reduction (152)
- Mixing (202)
- Agglomerating, granulating, briquetting, compacting (115)
- Drying of powder and bulk solids (169)
- Pressing (22)
- Coating and dragee coating (34)
- Plant engineering and processing components (445)
Packaging and filling (204)
- Filling equipment (180)
Packaging technology and accessories (81)
- Blister packaging equipment (6)
- Bottle packaging equipment (8)
- Sachet packaging equipment (11)
- Ampoule/vial packaging equipment (2)
- Tube packaging equipment (4)
- Special packaging equipment (17)
- Cartoning equipment (9)
- Labelling equipment (16)
- Wrapping equipment (9)
- Palletizing equipment (30)
- Robotic and handling systems (24)
Safety and environmental technologies (226)
- Non-electrical explosion protection (57)
- Clean rooms and accessories (60)
- Cleaning (61)
- Disinfection and Sterilization (22)
- Production environment (46)
- QC, QA and QM (90)
- Services (247)