Particle size, surface area, pore size, material density, and active surface area are characteristics that are crucial to the understanding of a variety of materials. This knowledge is essential in the development of products, the efficient utilization of raw materials, and the understanding of many natural phenomena. Pharmacology, cosmetics, nanotechnology, paints, pigments, food science, ceramics, textiles, geological science, and polymer science are some of the areas of science and technology that rely on Micromeritics' instruments to determine the physical characteristics of powders and solid materials.
Micromeritics provides a complete line of scientific instruments and laboratory equipment targeted exclusively for areas of application and research involving particle science and particle technology, including the expanding area of nanoscience. Particle size analyzers employ laser diffraction, sedimentation, and electrozone sensing. Physical adsorption and mercury porosimetry instruments determine surface area and porosity. Material density can be determined by gas pycnometry and solids displacement.
Micromeritics GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
Measurement, control, automation (178)
- Particle analysis, process and laboratory instrumentation (72)
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Manufacture of chemical raw materials (314)
- Manufacture of dyes and pigments (275)
- Manufacture of other inorganic raw materials and chemicals (212)
- Manufacture of other organic raw materials and chemicals (210)
- Manufacture of fertilisers and nitrogen compounds (233)
- Manufacture of pest control agents, pesticides and disinfecting agents (201)
- Manufacture of coating agents, inks and putties (167)
- Pharmaceutical (302)
- Ceramics + Glass (220)
- Across all branches of industry (209)