The Electromagnetically Spinning Viscometer is a rotational viscometer, which measures the viscosity of liquids through observation of the rotation of a sphere which is driven by electromagnetic interaction. This new measuring principle was developed by Sakai et al. at the Tokyo University.
The EMS technology distinguishes itself from other rotational viscometers by the main characteristics:
- All parts of the viscometer which come in direct contact with the sample are disposable and inexpensive.
- •The measurements are performed in a sealed sample vessel.
- The system requires only very small sample quantities (0.3 mL).
- Wide range of temperatures can be explored (0-200°C).
- Fast and reliable measurements, which can take less then 5 seconds.
- Concentration series - it is possible to determine the concentration dependency of the viscosity by diluting the same sample up to 26 times.
- No cleaning required - the perfect solution for samples which are only available in small quantities.
- Volatile and toxic samples - thanks to its sealed cuvettes, it is possible to measure the viscosity of toxic materials or monitor the viscosity of samples during a long period of time and/or at elevated temperatures without measuring errors caused by evaporation.
- Controlled atmosphere measurements - monitor the viscosity during chemical reactions which must be performed under inert gas or overpressure conditions.
- Melt viscosity and thermosetting materials - the EMS Viscometer is the ideal solution for viscosity measurements of samples like adhesives or to perform studies of viscosity changes of polymer solutions during polymerizations: no cleaning required after measurement.
Other products from
Viscometer EMS-1000 is assigned to following product groups:
- Measurement, control, automation (379)
- Safety and environmental technologies (405)
- QC, QA and QM (129)