The FUNDABAC® candle filter has captivated users all over the world for its exceptional design and operation simplicity. The unique cloverleaf shaped candle element design is at the heart of the FUNDABAC® filter system. This design allows for efficient solid-liquid separation while guaranteeing adherence of the filter cake to the cloth throughout the entire filtration cycle, as well as effective cake discharge. Once the clean filtrate has passed through the filter cloth, it flows into the perforated peripheral tubes and then down to the bottom of the candle, before rising in the central tube toward the registers.
Regardless whether the solids discharge is in slurry or a dry cake form, it is achieved by a rapid counter-current flow and pressure from the inside of the candle. The patented candle structure accentuates the effect of this counter-current flow. A quick-pulse air or nitrogen (gas) blowback results in a rapid flexing of the filter media away from the candle. This breaks the cake away from the filter media, causing it to fall from the candle to the bottom of the filter vessel.
The FUNDABAC® candle filter is perfectly suited for automatic operation via PLC or DCS control systems. This ensures reliable product quality. It is designed to operate in the absence of any moving parts. As a result, maintenance requirements and costs are extremely low. The use of new synthetic materials, particularly filter internals, contributes to reliable operation and long life of the filters.
- Unique cloverleaf shaped candle element design
- High solids capture efficiency
- Sub-micron particle retention capability
- Uniform filter cakes dependably adhere to the filter cloths
- Slurry or dry cake discharge
- Patented heel filtration ensures minimal liquid loss
- Can be designed to recovery valuable precious metals/catalysts
- Fully enclosed design and automatic operation means virtually no operator intervention of materials contact
- Virtually no operating costs
- Lab and pilot units readily available for testing under the supervision of trained field service representatives
Product videoPlay video
Other products from
FUNDABAC® – Filtration System is assigned to following product groups:
- Basic proccessing technologies for powder and bulk material (765)
- Plant engineering and processing components (634)
- Nano particle technologies (89)