STORAGE, HANDLING AND LOADING
SYSTEMS FOR THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
Sandvik solidification, cooling and ancillary equipment are used for the efficient, clean and cost effective processing of products such as:
- Fat chemicals
- Hot melt adhesives
- Bitumen and asphaltene
- Various basic, intermediate and fine chemicals
While steel belt coolers are at the heart of Sandvik’s chemical solidification systems, they form only part of the overall process.
The company can also supply a comprehensive range of upstream equipment, from heated tanks, pipework and filters to pumps and pre-coolers. Feed devices can be supplied to suit any product form, including strips and Rotoform pastilles, as well as liquid release agents or powder to ensure optimum product form and clean discharge.
Downstream materials handling capabilities are equally comprehensive, extending across a full range of process requirements, including storage, handling and loading.
Design, manufacture and installation of custom storage solutions for any capacity or location.
- Open or closed storage
- Closed silos for small to medium capacity storage
- Large capacity, concrete storage silos
- Designed to highest safety standards
- Portal and semi-portal reclaimers
Full range of conveying and elevator solutions to suit all requirements and environments, with systems designed with the minimum number of transfer points for clean and efficient operation.
- Wide belts to enable reduced velocity
- Non-static-conductive conveyor belting
- Dust-tight conveyor design with transfer skirts and enclosed transfer points
TRUCK, RAIL & SHIP LOADING
Design, manufacture and installation of loading equipment to meet any requirement, from truck/rail to ship-loading.
- Telescopic loader with level sensors to reduce drop distance
- Continuous or stationary loading
- Single or multiple loading bays
- Telescoping, luffing, slewing and shuttling
- Remote control units
Complete bagging systems suitable for 50 kg bags or big bags (500 / 1000 kg).
- Open mouth bagging, automatic closing
- Metal detection
TURNKEY SOLUTIONS AND COMPLETE SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
Sandvik’s engineering and project management teams are able to handle complete turnkey projects, from feasibility and FEED studies all the way through design, installation, commissioning, start-up and training.
The company can design, integrate, and commission equipment for every stage of the process, from upstream preparation, filtering and delivery of chemical melts, through the solidification process itself, to downstream conveying, storage, and bagging. By assuming total responsibility for a project, Sandvik can thus ensure full system optimization.
Sandvik also enables customers to maximize productivity and achieve a faster ROI through:
- Operator training e.g. best practice, safety, problem solving
- Maintenance training e.g. planned maintenance, in-house repairs
- Process training e.g. optimizing system performance / product quality
- Service support e.g. service agreements, spare parts