In the 1980s pneumatic flotation was developed at the Technical University of Clausthal-Zellerfeld in Germany by Prof. Bahr. He was the inventor of a new exceptionally technology which was patented and build first time in industrial scale from EKOF in Bochum/Germany. This technology was transferred and improved in the 1990s by the company KHD (Klöckner Humboldt Deutz AG). Since 2006 HUMBOLDT WEDAG Coal & Minerals Technology GmbH and since 2009 MBE Coal and Minerals Technology GmbH is manufacturing and developing PNEUFLOT Pneumatic Flotation Machine.
Features and developments of PNEUFLOT Flotation Machine:
- Self aspirated aerator: Air injection is optimized by the self aspirator with no need of additional power (such as a compressor, a blower, etc).
- Froth Crowder: Lifting and lowering of the froth crowder by hydraulic pump causing changes in the flotation cell volume up to 30%, thus enabling easy variation of the froth area.
- Goose neck: The slurry froth interface level (froth thickness) can be adjusted in seconds.
- Recirculation: Down comers can be recirculated to the feed, thus increasing the residence time for better recovery, and keeping the feed flow rate constant.
PNEUFLOT can be used in any flotation applications, the most common examples are:
- Sulphide non-ferrous metal ores, such as copper ores, lead/zinc ores, nickel ores
- Oxide ores, such as iron ore, copper oxide ores, tin ore
- Industrial minerals, such as phosphates, magnesite, fluorspar, quartz, limestone
- Salt minerals, such as potassium salts, rock salts, kieserite
- Paper and plastic waste recycling
- Disposal of fly ash and gypsum from flue gas desulphurization
- Waste water treatment
- Laboratory testing batch or 0.4 m³/h scale
- Pilot testing up to 12 m³/h scale (delivered in 20" container)