The SIWAREX WP241 is a weighing module of the SIWAREX family, specially designed for belt scale applications. It is a completely integrated module of the SIMATIC S7-1200 series and can be used in stand-alone mode alternatively. Sophisticated functionality and the small size ratio make it ideally suited for a wide range of different industries – from cement through steel to food processing.
Versatile on-board communication ports offer a wide range of connection- and integration possibilities. Typical standard functionalities like totalizing of the conveyed material, monitoring of belt speed and belt load can be individually defined, adapted and analyzed.
The integrated simulation mode offers the possibility of a complete function test without – even without a connected belt scale.
On top the WP241 offers a wide range of diagnostic functions which allow a fast troubleshooting and analysis of the belt scale system.
- Completely integrated in SIMATIC S7-1200 and TIA Portal
- Operation in case of CPU failure possible (Stand-alone mode)
- High flexibility in combination with SIMATIC TIA Portal – customizing of the user interface, easy extension and replacement of modules, seamless integration of the belt scale into the automation environment
- Fast and easy commissioning via HMI or PC (SIWATOOL) possible
- Full access to all scale parameters from the SIMATIC S7-1200 CPU
- Up to four digital inputs
- Four digital outputs
- Analog output (0/4…20mA)
- Ethernet (Modbus TCP/IP & SIWATOOL-protocol)
- RS485 interface (Modbus RTU)
- Extensive diagnostic functions for commissioning and operation
- Operation directly in ATEX-zone 2 possible