Donadon LPD rupture disc is a composite conventional disc formed by four parts:
- A slotted, perforated metal part
- A seal membrane (usually in PTFE)
- A protection section
- A calibration ring with blades to improve membrane opening
Designed to protect processing and storage tanks, atmospheric vessels and silos against implosion or overpressure conditions.
It reacts to over-pressure in a few thousands of a second with total opening and without fragmentation.
LPD discs are a simple, reliable, accurate and economical solution for applications requiring extremely low positive and/or negative pressure protection.
Their primary use is in storage tanks with low design pressures in applications where contamination is unacceptable.
Donadon SDD model LPD discs offer non-fragmenting opening and avoid product contamination. The disc will attain full relief within 1 second from the start of rupture and allows for instantaneous system relief at ultra low pressures.
LPD discs may be installed directly between flanges avoiding the requirement for holders with blades and can be offered to meet a broad range of non standard specifications and applications.
LPD discs can be provided with:
- Dual protection (vacuum / pressure)
- Vacuum / counterpressure support
- Burst detector, ATEX approved, giving immediate indication of burst occurrence