The Vortex Quantum Orifice Gate is specifically engineered to handle dry bulk solids in gravity flow, dilute phase, or vacuum conveying systems with pressures up to 15 psig (1 barg) depending on size. Traditional slide gates and butterfly valves commonly allow packing of material, which prevents positive air and material shut off.
Unlike common knife gates and butterfly valves, the Orifice Gate is specifically engineered to handle dry bulk powders, pellets, and granules. Knife gates rely on soft elastomeric seals which erode or tear away in service. Butterfly valves incorporate discs that cause significant flow restrictions, thus impacting system performance and throughput. Both designs promote wedging and packing of materials, preventing positive air and material shut off. The Orifice Gate eliminates design flaws associated with knife gates and butterfly valves.
- Handles powders, granules, and pellets
- Mechanically self cleans on opening stroke
- No pinch points or exposed moving parts for safe operation
- Wear compensating hard polymer seals
- Unobstructed opening
- Seals protected from material flow stream
- Serviceable while in-line
- Material construction options available
- Standard sizes: 50mm – 650mm, also available in custom sizes