The ball mill is traditionally the basic system used for the grinding of raw material, clinker and additives in a cement plant, as well as a wide range of minerals.
Benefiting from a large experience, the FCB B-Mill has been designed to be particularly well adapted for the grinding of products at high fineness and grinding of very abrasive products and solid fuels.
Because each grinding process has its own characteristics and constraints, Fives designs fit-to-process solutions.
- From very large to small mill size
- Air swept mill or a bi-rotator mill
- Fitted with a single chamber or two chambers
- Fitted with a pre-drying chamber or drying compartment with lifters in case of moist additives.
Flexible and reliable drive system
Drive system will be selected according to the mill power, from girth gear with single pinion drive (up to 3,900 kW) or double pinion gearbox (up to 8,000 kW) to central drive (up to 12,000 kW), and will include barring drive with clutch system for maintenance operations.
- Raw meal
- Cement (clinker and additives)
- Coal, petcoke
- Minerals (Ceramics, Tiles, Fired clay, Silica, Lime, Gypsum – Anhydrite, Blast furnace and steel slag, Copper slag, precious metals, special metals, Titanium, Manganese, alloying metals, Limestone, base metals, Phosphates, Proppants, Iron ore)
More than 100 references, among which:
- Cimar (Brazil) – Shoe-mounted mill for slag cement
- Holcim Brasil SA (Brazil) – Shoe-mounted & trunnion-mounted mills for petcoke
- Holcim Apasco (Mexico) – Shoe-mounted mill for raw material
- Beni Suef Cement Co (Egypt) – Shoe-mounted mill for cement
- Q.N.C.C. (Qatar) – Shoe-mounted mills for raw material and cement
- Saudi White Cement Co (Saudi Arabia) – Trunnion-mounted mills for raw material and cement
- Bunge Maroc Phosphore (Morocco) - Trunnion-mounted mill for phosphate
- Lafarge Cementos SA de CV (Mexico) - Trunnion-mounted mill for coal