The rotor granulator is characterized by a rotating base which causes such specific centrifugal and shear forces to act on the granulate nuclei as to produce spherical granules. The granules grow like snowballs by accumulating successive layers of the continuously injected formulation powder with simultaneous spraying of the agglomeration liquid. The sufficiently large pellets are continuously removed from the process in a downstream screening fraction.
- Spherical agglomerates
- Shell-like structure
- Controlled release
- Particle diameter: ±0.1mm
- Variable: small to large particle size distribution
- High mechanical strength of the agglomerate
- Not susceptible to abrasion
- Suitable for closed-loop control and automation.
- Powder Agglomeration liquid
- Agglomeration of powder on granulates
- Liquid bridges between powder particle and agglomerates.
Pergande – Rotor Granulation Process for Pigment-Granules-Manufacturing
- The Pergande rotor granulation for pigment manufacturing is the result of intensive research and development in cooporation with our cutomers.
- For the first time, the process combines a continuous mixing process for powdered bulk goods.
- The required agglomerate liquid will be dosaged continuously during the mixing process.
- The rotor garnulator are charaterizid by a rotating bottom.
- The selective centrifugal- and shearing stresses are affecting the granulegerms. The outcome of this is a spherical granule.
- Through lowering of the rotor disk the (centrifugal stress) product will be carried out.
- The above mentioned process will be completed by an established PERGANDE fluidized bed spray process and security sieving.
- Higher bulk density/ smaller volume
- Spherical agglomerate
- Dust free granules
- Particels diameter: 0,5 - 1 cm (according to your demand also bigger)
- Good starage and shipment abilities
- Good resistance of granules
- Improved handlings qualities for end consumer