- Sanitary applications
- Food and beverage industry
- Bio and pharmaceutical industry, production of active ingredients
- Sensor can be calibrated without having to open the process
- Simple and fast connection using an M12 plug connector
- With direct sensor output (Pt100/Pt1000 in 3 or 4-wire version) or integrated transmitter with 4 ... 20 mA output signal, individually parameterisable with free-of-charge WIKAsoft-TT PC configuration software.
- Wetted parts from stainless steel 1.4435
- Self-draining and dead-space minimised, materials and surface finish qualities in accordance with standards of hygienic design
The model TR21-B resistance thermometer provides temperature measurement in sanitary applications and can be used for the measurement of liquid and gaseous media in the range of -50 ... +250 °C. To integrate it into the process, the patented thermowell model TW61 (patent, property right registered under No. DE 102010037994 and US 12 897.080) is directly orbitally-welded into a pipeline.
The connection ends are smooth and prepared for orbital welding. The process connections meet the stringent requirements, in terms of materials and design, of hygienic measuring points.
All electrical components are protected against moisture (IP 67 or IP 69K).
The resistance thermometer is available with direct sensor output or integrated transmitter, which can be configured individually via the PC configuration software WIKAsoft-TT. Measuring range, damping, fault signal per NAMUR NE43 and TAG no. can be adjusted.
For easy calibration or maintenance, the sensor is removable without having to break into the process or disconnect the electrical connection. Thus hygiene risks can be minimised and downtimes can be reduced.
Due to the high quality and robust all-metal design of the TR21-B sensor the high ingress protection IP 69k is ensured, which even resists the harsh process conditions (134 ° C, 3 bar saturated vapor pressure) in an autoclave.
The spring-loading, integrated into the union nut, guarantees the contact between the sensor tip and the bottom of the thermowell and thus ensures a short response time and lasting high accuracy.
Insertion length, process connection, sensor and connection method can each be selected for the respective application within the order information. The electrical connection is made via an M12 x 1 circular connector. An adapter for electrical connection with angular connector per DIN EN 175301-803 is optionally available (patent, property right registered under No. 001370985).