Evolution Powder Tester – Direct Measurement of Powder Flowability
The Evolution Powder Tester is an economical and easy-to-use powder flow tester that measures the unconfined yield strength of a powdered material (a critical flow property). The unconfined yield strength can be measured at one pressure or at many different pressures in order to create a flow function. The flow function presents the material’s gain in strength after more pressure had been applied to it. The results are used when optimizing the flowability of powders, for quality control and for prediction of flow problems for example after storage.
Evolution Powder Tester Advantages:
- Measure powder flowability of a compressed sample directly
- At a fraction of the cost of competitive instruments
- Cheap sets of multiple cells for time consolidation
Working Principle: uniaxial powder tester: The powder or granular material is filled into the measurement cup of the EPT. The sample cup is placed into the instrument and is automatically compressed to a given value (major consolidation stress). In a second step the instrument pushes the sample cake out of the cup and slowly increases pressure automatically until breakage of the powder cake. The maximum pressure reached is the unconfined yield strength. Alternatively several sample cups can be stored under load with weights at ambient condition or in a climate chamber. Afterwards they are placed in the EPT instrument and powder cake strength is measured again automatically.
The Evolution Powder Analyzer is small, robust, fast, economical and measures values well defined and found in literature.
The Benefits of Powder Flow Measurement:
- Maintain flow out of hoppers, bins and storage containers
- Predict caking, bridging & non uniform flow during manufacturing process.
- Evaluate ingredient suppliers for the choice of suppliers and quality components
- Improve Quality & consistency by measuring the components of a products formulation
- Reduce costs & increase production speed of powder processing, blending & tableting
Instrument size: 9 x 14 x 35 cm
Sample size: 5ccm or 30 ccm or 100 ccm
Stress Range: 1 to 1000 kPa
Analysis Time: 2 minutes
- Major Consolidation Stress
- Unconfined Yield Strength
- Flow Function
- Flow Index
- Compression Curve
- Powder density depending on load
- Time Consolidation