The lip is 6 mm, thus adding 12 mm to the exterior diameter of the pipe:
Exterior Ø pipe + 12 mm = Exterior Ø lip
A pipe line is assembled by joining the pipes with a clamp ring pulled over their lips. A detailed instruction for assembly with the approved KMH clamp rings can be downloaded here.
The modular system of KMH parts enables an easy assembly as well as smooth replacement of parts.
Instead of pipes with lipped ends for clamp ring connection, we also offer these alternatives:
- A flange can be slipped on each side behind the lip (KMH delivers standard flanges R1 and T2, as well as special designs).
- Flanges can be welded on each side of the pipe, omitting the lip.
- Pipes can be delivered with plain ends (without lip or flange).
- Different pipe ends require different connection materials. We deliver all necessary materials for joining and sealing and give advice on appropriate connection systems.
Our pipes are longitudinally welded. They are made of steel or stainless steel with a wall thickness of 1, 2 or 3 mm (thicker material may be possible upon request).
- Steel ST 12.03 (DIN EN 10 130: DC01; EU 130/139: FeP01)
- Stainless Steel 1.4301 (EN 10 088-2: X 5 CrNi 18-10; ASTM: 304)
- Stainless Steel 1.4571 (EN 10 088-2: X 6 CrNiMoTi 17-12-2; ASTM: 316 Ti)
Steel can be
powder coated (inside and outside, standard colour is RAL 7032, but other RAL-Colours are possible as well)
hot-galvanised or electrogalvanised
or "black" (that is, without further surface treatment)
Stainless steel is pickled and passivated (special qualities may be deliverable upon request).
- Diameter and concentricity according to DIN 1626.
- Length and angle measurement according to DIN ISO 2768-1-V.
- Exception: Angle tolerance ± 1° for spherical segments and transition pieces with inclination.