The pin mill uses the principle of screenless rotary impact crushing. The two pin plates rotate in opposite directions at a high circumferential speed. The product being ground impacts on the pins and is broken into small particles. Depending on the product, the size can be as small as µm.
Advantages of pin mills:
- Universal application. Fine crushing of a very wide range of products from the food processing, minerals, plastics, elastomers, paints and dyes, chemicals and pharmceuticals sectors.
- Screenless rotary impact crushing. Permits a higher throughput rate than mills with screens, cleaning is simpler when the product is changed.
- Very well suited for cold crushing with liquid nitrogen for tough elastic materials.
Advantages of our GSM pin mills with new drive concept:
- the drive supplies power from two motors directly via clutches.
- the speed (in r.p.m.) is infinitely variable. This means that the fineness of the product is also infinitely variable.
- there is no V-belt drive and no transmission. The elimination of the high V-belt-radial forces extends the lifetime of the bearings. There is no need for regular repairs to the transmission either.
- optimised bearing seals thanks to a contact-free labyrinth seal and air flushing.
- robust casing made of welded steel or stainless steel.
- the use of bearing bushes protects the casing. All wearing parts in the interior of the mill can be replaced.
- the large height-adjustable door provides easy access to the interior of the mill.
- the generously proportioned casing makes it possible to grind difficult materials to a fine grade without sticking.
- an air-jet on the circumference of each of the two pin plates immediately cools the product, which has been warmed by the grinding process and blows it off the surfaces so it does not agglomerate.
We also supply the complete grinding plant with all the necessary components.
For cold grinding with liquid nitrogen we supply the plant with a cooling screw conveyor and modified air ducts.
If the products to be ground are flammable, we supply our plants with all the explosion prevention equipment required by guideline 94/9/EG (ATEX 100). The equipment is either fitted with a burst disc and blow-off pipe opening outside the building to relieve the pressure of the explosion or is resistant to pressure surges of 10 bar.