AZO Cyclone screener type DA Vario Containment for screening Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API)
The DA Vario Containment screener is suitable for use in the bulk materials handling industry where there are very stringent requirements regarding the amount of residual dust released. This means the machine is suitable for screening toxic materials both in the pharmaceuticals field and also in other industrial applications. A risk to machine operators from dust that is harmful to their health can be ruled out, both in normal operation and in the event of a service job.
• Replacing the screen basket and dosing screw under containment conditions
• Inspection of the screen basket by opening the inspection hatch under containment conditions
• Outlay for operations wearing full body protection can be reduced
• Easy to exchange the dosing module for different performance ranges
• Technology for cyclone screener type DA proven over years of use
• No additional dosing unit is required thanks to self-dosing, resulting in low overall height
• The drive with rotor and screen basket can be pulled out and pivoted with quick-release fasteners
• The drive with dosing screw can be pulled out using quick-release fasteners
• Suitable for CIP
• Chromium-nickel steel design
How it works
Based on the DA screener, tried and tested for years in actual practice, and on the widespread practice in the pharmaceuticals industry of using flexible containment systems, it is now feasible to open the inspection hatch without any dust escaping. It is possible to inspect the screen in use through the film thanks to the built-in lamp. Once the inspection has been completed, the inspection hatch can be closed again using a gauntlet integrated into the flexible liner. The machine operator has no contact with the high-risk substance in the machine at any time whatsoever. If damage to the screen fabric is found, the screen must be replaced. This procedure is also carried out using liner technology. Once the machine has stopped, the drive unit for the screen rotor is removed from the housing lengthwise. The installed plastic film system is unfolded in this process. It forms a hose-like working space, in which the screen basket and the screener rotor are located. By using appropriate locking and cutting techniques, it is then possible for the machine operator to remove the old screen within the liner and to fit the new screen by using another liner, also within a protected environment. The fitting of the new liner prepares the machine for the next screen replacement.
Features of the Vario Containment cyclone screener
The design of this machine is based on the tried and tested type DA cyclone screener with two drives and extraction devices. There are different dosing modules available in addition to the cover for various ranges of performance.
The screener is fitted with film liners. This make it possible to replace both the contaminated screen basket with a cleaned one and also the screw feeder in the dosing module under containment conditions.