PRONTO is a process control system that, based on an Oracle® database, unifies these tasks to a homogeneous system for control, visualisation, as well as consistent documentation of production processes.
PRONTO is multilingual and at the moment successfully operated in the field with 750 licenses at more than 150 locations.
If ERP systems, such as SAP®, SQL-Blending®, DiBAC®, or JDE® are integrated into the production process, they are the leading system with regard to materials management and scheduling. PRONTO provides all structures to perform such tasks itself or to work as the long arm of the ERP system. Interfaces for data communication are designed according to individual requirements.
- Article master data, parts lists, production and despatch orders, as well as orders regarding incoming goods are maintained in the ERP system and transferred to PRONTO for the production process.
- PRONTO automatically and promptly reports material movement, production results, and operating data back to the ERP system.
- In order to get a basis for exact material calculation, the parts lists are centrally maintained in the ERP system and transmitted to PRONTO.
- Recipes are maintained in PRONTO including detailed process instructions and allocated to a parts list.
- Via recipe validation, PRONTO ensures that the material usage specified in the parts list and the allocated recipe is exactly the same.
PRONTO can be used for various plant configurations: from manual component stations to complex plant configurations with client-server technology and a huge number of automation devices that are interconnected within a network.
- Process visualisation
- Alarms and messages
- Maintenance dates and preventive maintenance
Batch management is executed either independently in PRONTO or by communication with the ERP system.
- Batch stock calculation is executed for any material movement comprehensively for all storage locations and all containers.
- Traceability of batches is guaranteed in two directions: from the raw material to the finished
- Product as well as from the finished product to the raw material.
- Batch-related quality control including the collection of test values is completely integrated into
- The operating sequences for incoming goods and production.
- Documentation of the production processes ranges from a summary to a complete process description with all functions, parameters, and actual values.
Dosing processes and control systems
Exact dosing processes and exactly modelled control systems are indispensable to get a high-quality product. To this end, PRONTO features special functions:
- Individual definition of dosing parameters for dosing units, materials, and individual material components in particular recipes
- Dynamic modification of post-flow values for dosing processes by means of self-learning procedures
- Optimisation of process sequences by means of cycle time diagrams that graph the operating sequences of batches as single functions
- Representation of process values as on-line trend as well as storage of batch logs
- Comfortable definition of parameters for controller components in the process control system