The department of Applied Biosciences and Process Engineering of the An-halt University of Applied Sciences in Köthen is one of the major training centres for engineers in the field of life science engineering. The direct connection between biosciences and process engineering is only possible because of the intense engineering and technical based education founded on the basic principles of natural sciences. In this manner the students of the department’s degree programs such as biotechnology, food technology, pharmaceutical engineering and process engineering are being prepared to work in industry.
Furthermore, the department of Applied Biosciences and Process Engineer-ing has a leading position in research and development within the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. Main focus of the research is the sustainable use of regional resources like energy, water, biomass, nutrition and health.
Prospective students will get detailed information as well as consulting on the extensive offer of bachelor`s, master`s, dual and distance learning degree courses.
In cooperation with the interdisciplinary research institute “Centre of Life Science Engineering” the department offers industrial partners as a result of modern analytics, fermentation and downstream processing technologies in laboratory and technical scale as well as computer based process and plant modelling know-how custum-made solutions.
Know-how and services offered for industrial partners:
- Food hygiene
- Drinking water processing and disinfection
- Preservation of natural basis of life/renaturation ecology
- Bioanalytics and method development in the fields of food and phar-maceutical engineering as well as biotechnology
- Commissioned fermentations of food technological, pharmaceutical and microbial products in scalable processes including process de-velopment und downstream processing
- Development and optimization of innovative reactor concepts and fermentation strategies (photobioreactors, stirring reactors, single-use systems and CFD-modelling)