Sandvik Process Systems provides advanced process solutions that require a deep
knowledge of customer production processes across a wide range of industries and geographies. Our value proposition focuses on staying with our customers and driving their productivity through high-end products, superior quality, world-leading technical support and global sales and service network.
- Production facilities in Americas, Asia and Europe
- Global presence with worldwide sales and service network
- Strong tradition in innovation and extensive investments in R&D
- Safety is the first priority in all our operations
- Number of employees: 600
- Continuous focus on sustainability
ADVANCED INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING SOLUTIONS
The company is made up of a number of business areas, of which Industrial Processing is a world force in the design, manufacture and installation of steel belt-based industrial processing systems.
Granulation systems are an area of particular expertise for Sandvik, and are used extensively in the oil, gas, chemical and food industries for direct solidification out of the melt. The most successful of these, with more than 2000 installations worldwide, is the Rotoform® process, used for the economical and environmentally friendly pastillation of products such as sulphur, resins, hot melts, waxes, rubber, chemicals, agrochemicals and food.
The company also manufactures and supplies continuous film casting lines for the production of specialised products such as optical films, edible films, filter membranes and more. Other ranges include freeze-drying systems, flaking lines, chocolate forming systems, food drying systems and extrusion/cooling systems for powder paint production.
Sandvik has several test centres around the world where these technologies can be tested and demonstrated with customer products. In addition, transportable systems are available for testing and pilot production runs in customer facilities and laboratories.
STEEL BELTS AND CONVEYORS
Sandvik developed the world’s first steel belt in 1901 and today produces products suitable for a wide range of different applications. These include hardened and tempered carbon steel belts for industrial processing; cold rolled stainless steel belts for processing application; polished belts for the film industry; and high strength steel belts for the wood and rubber industries.
Another application that makes good use of the inherent hardness, durability, smoothness of the steel belt is the conveyor system. Tailor made installations have been developed for transporting pasty, hot, sticky, abrasive or corrosive materials, or for progressing work pieces through processing lines. The use of perforated steel belts in such systems also enables the continuous dehydration, degassing or aeration of products.
The company produces modular systems combining precision scattering systems, double belt press technology (using both steel and non-stick PTFE belts) and associated up- and downstream equipment. This multi-stage capability – incorporating feed, heating, reaction, pressing, cooling and tempering in a continuous line – delivers a high productivity processing solution for nonwovens, technical textiles, synthetic and natural fibre based composites.
Sandvik’s long-term success has been achieved through a combination of engineering excellence, design innovation and a company-wide focus on customer support. Services range from consultancy and system design to manufacture, installation and on-going support. Sandvik engineers and technicians can provide full maintenance and repair services and can also deliver training for in-house teams, ensuring maximum system uptime.
Sandvik Process Systems ZN der Sandvik Materials Technology Deutschland GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
Basic proccessing technologies for powder and bulk material (765)
- Other basic processing technologies for powder and bulk material (84)
- Size reduction (200)
- Mixing (279)
- Agglomerating, granulating, briquetting, compacting (143)
- Drying of powder and bulk solids (186)
- Thermal processing technologies for powder and bulk material (38)
- Plant engineering and processing components (634)
- Services (324)
SectorThe products and/or services can be used in the following branches of industry.
- Manufacture of chemical raw materials (402)
- Manufacture of dyes and pigments (360)
- Manufacture of other inorganic raw materials and chemicals (292)
- Manufacture of other organic raw materials and chemicals (286)
- Manufacture of fertilisers and nitrogen compounds (311)
- Manufacture of pest control agents, pesticides and disinfecting agents (268)
- Manufacture of coating agents, inks and putties (233)
- Pharmaceutical (407)
- Food + Feed (429)
- Engineering and plant construction & components (566)
- Recycling & Environment (250)