Barracuda Virtual Reactor is an engineering software package developed by CPFD-Software exclusively for one single application: gas-particle fluidization reactors and their internal components. It replaces with advanced physics-based computer simulations the typical trial and error exploratory procedures of ‘just going ahead’ with expensive hardware modifications or changes in reactor operations.
- BVR, based upon the MP-PIC method, provides the unique ability to model gas flows with any loading of discrete particulate solids of any size distribution
- BVR has been validated extensively against large-scale experimental data from PSRI and others worldwide R&D organizations
- BVR has been validated with industrial operating reactors across diverse industries: oil refining; chemicals production; coal combustion; gasification and many other fluidized bed reactors
- BVR provides you with high confidence that proposed hardware or process changes will actually perform as expected; and it even reveals the ‘why’ these will fail or work
- BVR has its solids chemistry coupled to the flow field to accurately compute your ‘products’
- BVR will help to you to ensure your fluidization unit receives the maximum financial benefits from
- Reliability improvements, component lifetime extension with reduced erosion
- Hardware upgrades work together and as expected
- Product ‘yields’ are maximized
- Changes to feedstocks, catalysts and operating ranges have no surprises
- Reactor scale-ups or turn-downs perform as promised
- Minimize emissions and reduce need for costly ‘scrubbing’ hardware
At aixprocess users are provided with in-depth training, and then given direct technical support by experienced engineers.