Continuous drying of slurry and liquid materials by the precise combination of conduction and convection heat transfer resulting in a final product of fine powder with particle size close to its primary one and extremely low moisture content.
The slurry or liquid material is continuously sprayed into the fluid bed chamber which is filled with 1-3mm diameter ceramic balls. As soon as the material is supplied in the chamber it gets quickly dried by the combination of conduction heat from the heated ceramic balls and by convectional heat from the fluidizing heated air. The fed material will adhere to the flowing ceramic balls, will get instantly dry and during the flowing of the ceramic balls in the fluidized chamber the ceramic balls will collide each other detaching the dried product from the ceramic balls’ surface. As the product gets dried it becomes lighter allowing to be conveyed by the fluidizing air and then discharged through the dust collector or bag filter house.
Evaporation capacity: from 3.5 to 1,200kg/h
Fields of Application
Condenser materials, barium titanate, nickel hydroxide, magnetic materials, ceramic, glass materials, zinc sulfide, metal materials, alumina, titanium oxide, zirconium, calcium carbonate, silicon carbide, silicon oxide, calcium silicate, synthetic resin, veterinary drugs, volume reduction of waste water and effluents, ferric pyrophosphate, milled fiber, cellulose, clay, resin, inorganic salts, magnesium hydroxide, catalyst, pigments, prosulfuron, chrome, styrenic polymer, polyvinyl chloride, iron oxide, cerium carbonate, magnesium compound, inorganic copper oxide, ammonium molybdate, dye, ammonium chloride, amino acid, ferrite, starches, enzyme solution, polyaluminum chloride, toluene solvent, polystyrene emulsion, silica, cobalt carbonate, cobalt oxide, synthetic mica, zeolite, calcium phosphate, bentonite, activated carbon, polyzol, manganese, dielectric and battery materials, sericite, stainless slurry, iridium oxide, others.
- “SLURRY DRYER” operates continuously rather than in batch mode. This allows mass production operation, increases productivity, minimizes production costs and maintains consistent product quality.
- Unnecessary atomization of the slurry/ liquid material.
- Wide variety of options such as special grades of stainless steel and surface finishes, customized automation systems, touch operation screen, specially designed frames, closed system for materials that contain flammable solvents, cyclone, rotary valves, etc., resulting in a customized “SLURRY DRYER” to match customer’s particular needs.
- The precise combination of convection heat transfer (heated air) and conduction heat transfer (heated ceramic balls) results in a high thermal efficiency.
- Compact design and user-friendly operation.
- The specially designed swing-type chamber facilitates the cleaning of the perforated plate and interior of the process chamber.
- Designed for easy maintenance and long operation life.
- Very small adhesion of product on the process chamber’s inner wall.
- Heating temperature range: 100°C to 280°C
- Rotor speed: 1,500 to 400 rpm (centrifugal force of about 200G)
- Heat medium: saturated steam or gas (for burner)