Planning and construction of ATEX-compliant silo installations
Our modular silo system of the LS series - sustainable and affordable aluminium silos for storing explosive powders.
- By integrating our walkable blow-out flaps into the silo roof, we succeeded in designing a silo with a pred of up to 1.5 bar (g).
- Depending on material properties and discharge capacity, you can choose between two discharge systems: vibrating bin activator or category 1 screw conveyor, compliant with Directive 94/9/EC.
- Venting the combustion gases upwards, even in large silos, guarantees the greatest possible safety for persons, equipment or buildings in the immediate environment.
- Our experience and flexibility enable us to satisfy (almost) all our customers' demands. Height, discharge system and vent area of a silo can be retrofitted easily if requirements change later.
In addition, we offer upgrading of existing silo installations with elements of rexotec AG's LS series.
Depending on the initial conditions and the specific requirements of each project, the retrofit includes the following steps:
- an examination and evaluation of the current status of the installation with regard to explosion safety, including analytical strength assessment of all devices in the process
- the preparation of a concept based on these findings and planning of required retrofit measures
- selection of the discharge system suitable for the specific material
- checking if the currently used equipment, such as filters, rotary valves or level indicators, can continue to be used
- determination of retrofit measures including cost estimation, structural calculations and setting up an overall task and time schedule