SmartPick, designed by Sacchi, a company leading the market of bulk handling since the 1926, was designed to automatically pick from a pallet, open and empty bags and boxes without any limitation in weights.
The system was created imitating the operators: the hoppers in front, the pallets in the rear and in between an articulated robot that picks the required bags from the pallet and cuts them in the designated hopper shaking them as an operator wouldn’t do. It is based on the most advanced and reliable robot unit available on the market, equipped with a patented gripping head and managed by an adaptive sw designed by Sacchi after years of research and tests.
SmartPick is a modular design and can be configured as per your needs: from a basic system composed by a robot, a single pallet and a single hopper up to a more advanced system composed by a number of pallet and hoppers managed by one or more robots. The system is modular and pallets and hoppers can always be added at a later stage.
SmartPick is the only de-bagging solution on the market that can meet the specifications for food, pharma, and personal care needs for a number of reason we can summarize in the following:
- Automatic: SmartPick is a fully automatic system
- Patented: it is the only robotic solution that can be sold worldwide. It is covered by 5 different pending patents.
- Quality of the cut: the cut is achieved with static blades. No rotating blades that destroy the packaging.
- Quality of the product: The product never enters in contact with the outer bag. The static cut doesn't produce shreds that fall in the product.
- Hygiene: The design can be hygienic (polished surface, SS304/316L etc.). To change the production an air blow only is needed to clean the hopper (either manual or automatic). The bag can be washed outside (with air-jets) before cutting so that dust on the bag doesn't mix with the product. The system doesn't store in silo the product, but immediately sends the product away.
- Flexibility: Works with any kind of bags: paper/plastic/raffia/Jute/mixed material bag both single and multiple layer (so paper also). It is the only system that can run recipes.
- Just in time: the systems opens the bag needed only and not always a full pallet. Can run batches and continuous feeding in just in time way.
- Clean: Is the only system that doesn't create dust during the cut. On the contrary other systems can create a big cloud of dust.
- Explosion/flame/Atex: Is the only system that can work with this type of materials. Using a static cut doesn't create the risk of ignite fire or explosion (certified by official labs). Moving blades in some installations couldn't be certified to work with explosive powders.
- Traceability: You can know exactly when and where a bag was cut, in which bin was sent, from which pallet was coming from, with a full integration of bar code reading systems
- Open: the control system can be interfaced to any factory control system, manage remotely even from office or from a remote site (Ipad/Iphone app available)
- Self paying: the ROI is less than one year in most cases. On top of this Europe is financing most of the SmartPick installation