Sick of experiments?
Does this sound familiar to you?
- Excessive experimentation,
- poor test records,
- redundant tests, and
- test results that defy interpretation?
Our solution: STAVEX 5.2
STAVEX is a user-friendly PC-based software system enabling experimenters in research and development to apply statistical design and analysis of experiments in their routine work independently of a statistician. STAVEX studies the relationship of specified factors and responses. The ultimate goal is to find the optimal settings of all factors actually influencing the responses.
STAVEX allows for process factors (temperature, concentration, ...) as well as for mixture factors (mixture components for galenics, adhesive formulations, ...) which have to fulfill a summing-up condition typical for formulations. STAVEX also supports the combination of responses in the form of a cost function assigning weights to the responses or a desirability function combining individual specification intervals. This way tradeoffs between the responses can be studied. STAVEX supports sequential planning. It integrates statistical experimental design, statistical evaluation of results, and guidance to follow-up designs, i.e. the whole process of experimentation. STAVEX typically runs through three stages of statistical experimental design:
- screening using linear models for factor reduction,
- modelling for further factor reduction using linear models with interactions, and
- optimization for determining the optimal levels of the remaining factors.
The major strengths of STAVEX are its user friendliness and its flexibility. The software is developed and maintained in close collaboration with engineers and scientists. It is supported and distributed by AICOS Technologies Ltd., a spin-off from Ciba-Geigy and its successor Novartis. The software is used in more than 200 companies of various sectors.
- runs on PCs with at least 1 GB RAM under Windows Vista, 7 or 8 (32bit or 64bit);
- network compatible;
- online documentation (HTML or Internet format), printed documentation;
- English, German, French and Spanish versions available.
A test installation for a one-month period can be downloaded free of charge so that the usefulness of STAVEX can be tested in one’s own environment. Training sessions (2 or 4 days), as well as consulting services, are also proposed.