A new plant in project?
- Your most expensive production device often stays idle.
- Production must be interrupted because a recycled solvent is not yet available.
- Getting the right container out of the storage place is as tricky as solving a puzzle.
- Operators are not available when needed.
Our solution: SIMBAX 4.3
The material flow simulation software package SIMBAX 4.3 is specifically built to fulfill the needs of the process industries (chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, nutrition,...). It enables engineers to analyze batch as well as (semi)continuous processes and plants from a logistic point of view, in order to remove bottlenecks and hence to increase production capacity while limiting the investments to those
The advantages in short:
- easy-to-use, thanks to a terminology familiar to the users in the graphical user interface
- realistic representation of the production environment as a layout, recipes and a production plan
- easy representation and realistic modeling of complex production processes with, e.g., alternative and parallel operations, semicontinuous processes and buffer tanks, container filling and storage, as well as
- cleaning and set-up operations
- detailed representation of additional resources such as manpower and utilities, by means of calendars incl. shift models, weekends and breakdowns
- simplified data input thanks to an Excel interface
- clear results: dynamic animation in the layout and in the Gantt chart during the simulation, useful statistics for an easy comparison of scenarios (e.g., utilization diagrams, vessel and storage contents curves, resource and material consumption curves).
SIMBAX runs under Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP, on a single PC or in a network. It is used by various companies of the chemical and pharmaceutical branch.
SIMBAX has been used, on the one hand, for the optimization of single processes, e.g., for the production of:
- light stabilizers,
- optical brighteners for detergents and paper,
- pigments for paints and plastics.
On the other hand, SIMBAX has contributed substantially to capacity increases in diverse multipurpose plants, among others:
- synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients,
- formulation of pharmaceuticals,
- synthesis and formulation of dyestuffs.