Desperate due to inefficient scheduling?
- The construction of an acceptable production schedule requires each week several hours cumbersome work and resembles a wild juggling with color blocks.
- Nevertheless, the deadlines often cannot be met.
- The raw material inventory is kept high so that production can react in a flexible way to demand changes.
Our solution: Schedule++
This sophisticated scheduling software package was developed specifically for the needs of the process industry (chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food...). It provides an elaborate visualization of the schedule and moreover enables the planner to keep an overview of all resources necessary to production (machines, manpower, raw materials...) at any time. Various scheduling algorithms, e.g. for the optimization of capacity and of the cleaning effort, are available. Therefore, several scheduling scenarios can be analyzed before confirming a
plan change. Thus an optimal use of the production capacity can be achieved.
Unlike other APS systems, Schedule++ can be used as an add-on to the most established ERP systems (e.g. SAP R/3). Therefore no specific server and no own data management are needed, which drastically reduces the installation
and administration effort.
The advantages at a glance
- realistic and exact scheduling thanks to the easy representation of complex situations, such as in case of sequence-dependent setup and cleaning times or of limited buffer tank capacity, even with numerous processes and resources
- customer satisfaction thanks to the feasibility of the schedule that follows from the simultaneous planning of capacity, machine allocation and materials availability
- daily time savings thanks to the high userfriendliness of the Windows interface which can easily be customized
- easy simulation of plan changes ("what-if"-analyses), with no consequences on the ERP side as long as the planner does not confirm the changes explicitly
- rapidness thanks to the LiveCache technology
- high transparency thanks to schedule visualization and pre-defined tables for reporting purposes
- no superfluous investments thanks to a better use of capacity
- increased flexibility thanks to shorter production times
- less non-productive assets thanks to the reduction of raw material inventories and storage areas.
Schedule++ is used in numerous companies of the process industry, among others in Switzerland and Germany, e.g. in plants producing:
- fine chemicals
- active pharmaceutical ingredients