EasyStat 4.4 is a collection of simple, widely applicable methods for the visualization of data and facilitates the application of elementary statistical methods.
Due to its exceptional user-friendliness, EasyStat is especially well suited for routine use in the laboratory. It is validated.
EasyStat is an add-in for Microsoft Excel / Windows from version 2000 onwards.
The following statistical tools have been implemented in EasyStat:
- Histogram, stratified histogram, stem- and leaf diagram (for inspection of data)
- Boxplot (for compact presentation of data, comparison of groups)
- Quantile plot (for judging distribution normality)
- Summary statistics (mean, median, quartiles, standard deviation, etc.)
- Confidence interval (e. g. to set specifications)
- new: Outlier-Tests (for identifying and adequate treating of extreme values)
- Scatterplot, normal or with stratification (for identifying and better understanding of relationships between variables); several variables: scatterplot matrix
- Correlation and linear regression, normal or with confidence lines (for quantifying the linear relationship between two variables); prediction and calibration
- new: Process capability analysis (for assessing location and stability of a process), incl. calculation of capability indices
- extended: Control chart, also with calculation of Cp and Cpk values, and Cusum chart (for process monitoring, disturbance identification and shift detection)
- Interlaboratory experiment (for repeatability and reproducibility studies)
- new: t-test (most common test for comparing two samples); lucid user guidance for choosing the appropriate test (paired, unpaired, unequal variances)
- new: ANOVA (analysis of variance, for comparing several samples), for up to two factors, if desired including their interaction; still possible if some measurement values are missing.
AICOS Technologies Ltd. offers several two-day courses with exercises on PC: Visualization of Lab Data, Analysis of Lab Data, Biostatistics, Statistical Quality and Process Control. In these courses, EasyStat is used, such that you get experience with the software on practical examples according to your interests.