Further neglect your valuable data sets?
- You collect data carefully year by year, but… apparently in vain?
- At times your process does run suboptimal,but… the reasons remain unknown for you.
- Your marketing budget is fast gone, but… its effect leaves to be desired.
- You want to finally understand what is going on.
- Data mining sounds familiar to you, but… at the same time scary.
Our solution: CART®
This easy-to-use and robust data-mining software automatically sifts through big to huge, complex databases and discovers thereby important patterns and relationships. The gained knowledge is then used to generate reliable and easy understandable predictive models: for example those conditions in production can be identified where defects occur most often.
CART offers a lucid visualization of the results in form of an easily interpretable decision tree. It is sufficient to follow its branches for assessing at which combinations of parameters (e.g. temperature, agitating speed…) one may expect a good or bad product quality or productivity, respectively.
CART uses an intuitive, Windows based user interface and becomes thus accessible for both technical and nontechnical users. In the novice mode, where the software uses default options (sufficient for most requests), you can grow your tree in three simple steps:
- Load your data (80 file formats can be read, including Excel files);
- Select your target and candidates for the explaining parameters;
- Click the “Start” button.
CART opens up a “Navigator” window, where the best generated tree is represented with its decision rules. You can navigate easily through the tree in order to examine whether the model corresponds to your specific needs and desires. If necessary, the model can be refined further, e.g. using the expert mode. By the way, CART is the only decision tree system which is based directly on the original algorithm developed by worldfamous statisticians from Stanford and Berkeley.
The very useful "Reporting” tool of CART allows you furthermore to configure individually your own customized report and add selected graphics or data areas.
The advantages at a glance:
- Better understanding of the correlations between possible influencing variables (e.g. process parameters) and target variables (e.g. yield, quality);
- Chances for an important increase of efficiency;
- Access to highly elaborated data mining methods, without having to train yourself in the possibly complex user interface of a statistics software.
- Runs under Windows, as well as on the most common Linux and Unix platforms;
- Test installation (4 weeks) free. We furthermore offer 2-day courses and consulting.
CART®. Data mining made into fine art.
CART® is a product of Salford Systems.