The testing services we offer contain the measurement of flow properties using shear testers (e.g. Jenike-type shear tester, comouter-controlled ring shear tester) and other equipment (e.g. uniaxial compression test, lambdameter) for the characterization of bulk solids (e.g. for quality control or for silo design).
Typical flow properties are:
- Flowability and compressive strength (in dependence on consolidation stress, time at rest, temperature, humidity, concentration of flow agents etc.) .
- Internal friction.
- Wall friction (friction between bulk solid and wall materials like mild or stainless steel, concrete, alumina, linings, etc.).
- Bulk density (in dependence on consolidation stress).
- Stress ratio at uniaxial compression, wall friction coefficient and bulk density for silo design for strength (e.g. according to DIN 1055 Part 6, the new EDIN 1055 part 6 or other codes).
- Attrition at various conditions.