Mini-WRAS 1.371 – The Smallest, Portable Wide Range Aerosol Spectrometer
For many years GRIMM has been manufacturing different versions of aerosol spectrometers, which are used frequently in the field. More often than before the question is:
Can the smallest particles be detected with these instruments? For the first time, this is now possible.
Two technologies were combined within the new Mini-WRAS (Mini Wide Range Aerosol Spectrometer):
(a) the optical aerosol spectrometer and (b) a stepping mode operated electrode with faraday cup electrometer. Thus, the scattering light diameter of 0.25 to 35 micrometers and the diameter of the electrical mobility from 10 to 200 nanometers can be combined in a wide size range. 41 size channels are being measured every minute, ranging from 0.01 up to 35 micrometers and are released continuously.
With a total weight of only 8.2 kg, an integrated battery and advanced data communication interfaces (Bluetooth, USB, and RS-232), this aerosol monitor is unique in the world.
- Release of measurement data every minute as particle number in 41 equidistant size channels
- Portable, compact and with integrated rechargeable battery and air drying
- Distribution of count and mass or output according to occupational health standards EN 481 (inhalable, thoracic, alveolic) can be transferred via Bluetooth to our user-friendly software
- Readout of PM10, PM2.5, and PM1 values is also possible with the same software
- Does not need any kind of consumables (such as butanol)
- Does not need a radioactive source
- Sample air dryer for electrometer
- For the user, the Mini-WRAS 1.371 offers the complete possibilities when saving or retrieving the measurement data. The data can be conveniently accessed and checked online via Bluetooth or RS-232 at the workplace per laptop or tablet. Additionally, the measurement data is stored on an USB flash drive.
The areas of use range from fine dust monitoring in industrial and manufacturing facilities to workplace measurements. With the advanced data communication interfaces, the Mini-WRAS offers its users utmost flexibility and mobility.
- Size range: 10 nm to 35 µm in 41 size channels
- Count range: 1 to 3,000,000 particles/liter (aerosol spectrometer), 3,000 to 1,000,000,000 particles/cm³ (electrical sensor)
- Particle mass: From 0.1 µg/m³ to 100 mg/m³
- Occupational classification: Inhalable, thoracic and alveolic in accordance to EN 481 continuously and simultaneously
- Environmental data: PM10 and PM2.5, and PM1, PM0.5, PM0.1 continuously and simultaneously
- Reproducibility: ±3 % over the total measuring range
- Sample flow: 1.2 l/min ±5 % automatically regulated
- Measurement intervals: 1 minute (10 x 6 s)
- Data storage: USB flash memory
- Communication: Fully remotely controlled via Bluetooth (and RS-232)
- Power supply: Battery (for continuous operation up to 8 hours) or power adapter
- Dimensions: 34 x 31 x 12 cm (13.4 x 12.2 x 4.7 inches)
- Weight: 8.2 kg (18.1 lb)
- Operating conditions: +4 to +40 °Celsius, relative humidity < 95 % (non-condensing), non-corrosive or explosive gases, absolut: 1013 hPa +/- 120 hPa, equates up to ca. 1,000 m ASL
- Software: Version 1.378, based on LabView® for Windows XP upwards